STONE AGGREGATES AND PEBBLES FOR YOUR CHICAGO HOME OR BUSINESS
WHAT ARE STONE AGGREGATES AND WHAT CAN THEY BE USED FOR?
Aggregates are commonly referred to as chips, pebbles, or crushed stone, and they come in a variety of sizes and colors to adapt to any commercial property, private home or overall landscape design. Schwake Stone carries a large selection of pea gravel, crushed limestone, mason sand, and any other aggregates or pebbles that you might want for your next project.
These versatile materials can be used as a cost-effective way to beautify your landscape for
multiple features like walkways, garden beds, and more. Take a look at our gallery below for
some finished product inspiration, and then contact our team to get started with your order.
POPULAR LANDSCAPE FEATURES WITH GRAVEL AND PEBBLES
- Parking Islands – Gravel and pebbles are the perfect product for commercial properties including parking lots, or
other designated plant areas where you’re looking for an alternative to plants.
- Rain Gardens – Gravel and varying sizes of pebbles and cobbles are ideal for rain gardens that are designed to
solve drainage problems.
- Pathways and Walkways – Rounded stone pebbles are a great alternative to pavers or concrete for a unique look that is also affordable. Rounded stone pebbles offer multiple colors to choose from, and installation is quick and easy compared to custom-cut pavers.
- Garden Beds – Garden pebbles and crushed bluestone are excellent alternatives to mulch for your flower beds. While mulch has to be replaced frequently, stone aggregates require minimal maintenance and also retain moisture to keep your plants healthy.
- Driveways – Pea gravel and decomposed granite should be a top consideration over traditional asphalt for any new driveway installation. The rounded stones are completely safe for your car tires, and you can choose from multiple colors for added curb appeal.
- Dog Runs – Pea gravel and rounded pebbles are perfect for dog runs as they’re easy to clean and don’t require much maintenance.
OTHER USES FOR MASON SAND AND STONE DUST
If you are already planning on installing a stone patio or stone pavers for a part of your
landscape, Schwake Stone recommends using mason sand underneath to create a setting bed
for installation. These materials work well to improve drainage, and they are also a more
affordable option than a concrete bed. If you are considering options for your upcoming
landscape paver project, let the experts at Schwake Stone talk you through the pros and cons of
mason sand over concrete!
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PEBBLES AND AGGREGATES
There are so many options when it comes to choosing the best aggregates and pebbles for your
landscape project, and our team at Schwake Stone is here to walk you through your different options. Come visit our showroom in Mundelein to see our variety of materials and choose the best one for your home or commercial building!
Schwake Stone has been working with commercial business owners and residential
homeowners in the Chicago area for over 70 years so your stone projects will turn out even
better than you could imagine! We look forward to working with you on your next stone project
and helping you find the landscaping pebbles, crushed bluestone, or other stone aggregate that
is perfect for your landscape design.
Schwake Stone has provided residential homes and commercial office buildings with high-
quality landscaping stones for every kind of project you could imagine. We can even customize
large boulders with plaques or engravings down to the smallest details.
Call us today or stop by to get started with your next landscape stone project.
BROWSE OUR RANGE OF AGGREGATES AND PEBBLES
Aztec Rounds 2-4″
BC Pebbles – Small 1/4″- 1/2″
BC Pebbles – Large 1/2″-1″
BC Pebbles – Extra Large 1.5″
NY Bluestone Chips 3/8″
Colonial Blend 1 1/2″
Countryside-Large 1 1/2″
LaPaz Pebbles (bags only) 1/2″-1″, 1″-2″, 2″-3″, 3″-5″
Black Flowerock 1 1/2″
Merrimac-Large 1 1/4″
Nero Polished Pebbles (bags only) 1 1/4″
Road Stone #8 and #9
Red Rotten Granite
Tifton Pink 1 1/4″
Ruby Red 1 1/2″
Black Satin Mini 3/8″ -1/2″
Tandori Mixed Polished Pebbles (bags only)
Orange Decomposed Granite
Black Obsidian (bags only)
Indian Sunset (bags only)
Aztec Crush 3/4″
Aztec Crush 3/8″
Dresser Bluestone 3/8″